The Goodman Camping Initiative for Modern Israel History engages independent Jewish camps in North America in the development of an Israel Education Curriculum. The goal is to enhance and expand the commitment of North American camps to Modern Israel History, and to enable Jewish campers across the age spectrum to have a deeper connection with Israel outside of camp. Launched in December 2011, the initiative is a partnership between The iCenter and Foundation for Jewish Camp with generous support from The Lillian and Larry Goodman Foundations, with contributions from the Marcus Foundation and the AVI CHAI Foundation.
- Develop Israel Education curricula and resources designed for experiential educators at camp
- Partner with camps to embed Israel education in 36 Jewish overnight camps over four years
- Train a permanent, in-house Goodman Israel Educator at each camp
- Recruit and train five senior staff from each camp as Israel educators
- Provide program enhancement grants of $2,500 to participating camps
2014-2015 Dates to Remember:
- Fall Workshop: December 8-9 in Chicago, IL
- Community Seminar in Israel: Tuesday, March 24 through Monday, March 30
- Movement Seminar in Israel: Tuesday, April 14 through Monday, April 20
- Spring Workshop: May 26-29 at Capital Camps in Waynesboro, PA
Click here for more information.