Number of Campers:
Age of Campers:
Split campers up into groups (with one staff member for each group)
Each group will be given 10 (ten) minutes to create a segment of a cooking show. The dish they are cooking is: Israel.
To be clear, this is not a cooking show for an Israeli dish (see: falafel) but rather what if the STATE OF ISRAEL was the dish? What would the ingredients be? What would it taste like? Smell like? Feel like in your hands? In your mouth?
Your cooking show must include:
- A list of ingredients
- Steps for preparing the dish
- An anecdote about someone in your group’s personal experience with or in Israel
- At least one Hebrew word (not including the word “Shalom”)
- A creative title for the show
- A special guest chef
- Every member of the group must participate in some way in the presentation of the cooking show (be creative with this one – there are no rules to how this is achieved)
After ten minutes, all groups will be gathered for a quick check in, followed by the next set of instructions:
Using a video-camera or ipad, please film your cooking show. You can spread out to go to a quiet place to film, but you must return to the group in 10 minutes with a finished filmed cooking show segment. Then everyone gathers to watch!
At the end, you can serve Israeli snacks to the campers if you want!